Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Raseri Inc Employee Spotlight: Nikki Harris



Congratulations, Nikki! 


What is your typical work day like?
Get up and get ready for work. Get my coffee. Get to the office early and set-up my day.

What do you like most about your job?
It’s merit-based. My level of success is 100% reliant upon the initiative and effort I put into it. Everyone is not only willing to help you be successful, but they actually want to see you succeed. My co-workers are always there when I need them.

What motivates you to do a good job?
I know I’m lucky to even have the opportunity, so I’m going to embrace it and perform at my highest ability.

Which accomplishment in the last year are you most proud of?
Getting my car paid-off. It feels really good to have accomplished that on my own.

What aspects of your job do you find the most challenging or frustrating?
Staying quiet in atmosphere. We all get so excited and have so much fun in the office that we tend to get a little carried away. We have to keep our level of excitement controlled because of the offices next to us. I’m just not a quiet person, so that takes some effort.

Is there anything that didn't go as you had hoped? Why?
Graduate school. I went in with different expectations. Although it didn't pan out the way I thought, it did open my life up for this opportunity.

Have you set any personal goals to help you grow as a professional?
Yes. My grandma has always been an incredible inspiration in my life. She is a phenomenal woman and has always taken care of me when she had no obligation to do so. I've always known I wanted to buy her a house with a pool, and someday I will.

What specific opportunities could you pursue this year to advance those goals?
I hope to attend the Leaders’ Conference in December, where I can meet with other people who are in a similar situation as me. I also want to go on more business trips to different offices, as well as lead a satellite trip.

What do you and your peers do to support each other?
We get to know each other. We build strong relationships with one another so that we have a firm foundation underneath us at all times.

What advice would you give to someone hoping to get promoted to leadership?
Don’t be average. Go above and beyond what you’re asked to do, at all times. Where you are is exactly where you’re supposed to be. Use your resources and ask for help if you want it. But most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

Apply to Raseri